A programming language is an artificial language designed to
communicate instructions to a machine, particularly a computer.
Programming languages can be used to create programs that
control the behavior of a machine and/or to express algorithms
We can find to many programming language :
• Visual Basic
• Visual Foxpro
A LAN (Local Area Network) is a system whereby
individual PCs are connected together within a
company or organization
A WAN (Wide Area Network) as the name implies
allows you to connect to other computers over a
wider area (i.e. the whole world).
If ten people are working together within an office it
makes sense for them all to be connected.
• In this way the office can have a single printer and all ten
people can print to it.
• In a similar way other devices such as modems or
scanners can be shared.
• Even more useful is the ability to share information when
connected to a network.
Computers in Daily Life
• On-line banking
• Smart ID cards
• Working from home (Tele-working)
Viruses are small programs that hide themselves on your
disks (both flashdisk and your hard disk).
Unless you use virus
detection software the first
time that you know that you
have a virus is when it activates.
Different viruses are
activated in different ways.
How do viruses infect PCs?
Viruses hide on a disk and when you access the disk
(either a diskette or another hard disk over a
network) the virus program will start and infect your
The worst thing about a computer virus is that they
can spread from one computer to another, either via
use of infected flashdisk, or over a computer
network, including the Internet.
• Be aware on software copyright issues
• What about software that you find on the
• Software site licenses
• If your computer system holds
information about individuals then you
have a moral and legal duty to treat
that information with respect.
• In a free society you have a right to
ensure that information held about
you is not abused.
• In many countries this right is
enshrined under data protection laws
1. An artificial language designed to communicate instructions to a machine,
particularly a computer is …
a. Computer Language
b. Programming Language
c. Software Language
d. Typical Language
e. Image Language
2. The example of Programming Language is …
c. Microsoft Word
d. Fire Fox
e. Internet Explor
3. A system where by individual PCs are connected together within a company or
4. Small programs that hide themselves on your file/disks :
e. Anti Virus
5. Example for OOP Programming Language, except :
d. Visual Basic
1. Programming Language is ….
2. Give the examples of Programming Language….
3. What is the meaning Networking ?
4. Mentioned kind of networking ?
5. How do viruses infect PC’s ?
6. Give the examples of anti virus as you know